Monday, January 14, 2008

The Morning Commute

I have class 5 days a week at Temple University - Japan's Mita Hall, located in Minato-ku, triangulated between Azabu-Juban station, Tamachi station, and Shirokane-Takanawa station. Of course, I live in the western suburb of Nakano-ku, so I make roughly a 50 minute commute each morning, southwest, into the heart of the government district. There are embassies all around, and during the day, this is the best place to see an Amerikajin.



Here are a few pics I took along the way:

My subway station at Shin-Nakano...





The biggest escalator I've ever seen at my crossover station, Nakano-Sakaue...





Emerging onto the street at Azabu-Juban...getting ready for the 20 min. walk to campus.





And One Floral Studio. Perhaps the biggest Ikibana studio (floral arrangement) in Tokyo, and, consequently, the world...







Hippopotamus, a chic salon in Minato-ku...



I told you I wasn't lying about how many people ride bikes. It looks like that on every block...



One of the highway crosswalks...



The streets of Minato-ku...





Temple University - Japan...


No comments: